This is golden
This is one of those ideas where some person was like “Hehe, this might be silly.” And then struck fucking gold.
I’m really glad youtubers are also reacting to this
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Donate to the protestors. There is not much oversight here as it is just a personal email address you’re sending funds too here but it appears to be legitimate and there are certainly people on the ground who could use the help.
- Donate to the businesses of Ferguson. Small business owners in the community are struggling as people are either protesting or trying to stay off the streets. Don’t let the police brutality going on ravage this community long term.
- Plan a protest or action in your own community. Look around, see if one has been scheduled. If not, consider starting one. If you do I recommend following these tips.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
horns are DONE
gonna try and do a grey test this week so i’m not trying a new method the morning before i head off to can town, but yeah! :D
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS
THE REASON MY CAMERA’S BEEN TAKING SUCH SHITTY PICTURES RECENTLY IS THE FUCKING LENSE WAS DIRTY
- ONE NIGHT STAND BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR NEW JOB AND OOPS THAT WAS YOUR NEW BOSS YOU WERE SLEEPING WITH AU
- DETECTIVE PARTNERS AU
- UNDERCOVER AU
- PARENTS ARE CEO’S OF RIVALING COMPANIES AU
- PARENTS ARE HEADS OF RIVALING MOB FAMILIES AU
- REINCARNATION AU
- CHILDHOOD FRIENDS WITH ADJOINING HOUSES/ROOMS AU
- THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND WE’RE ALL WE’VE GOT AU
They call each other E. Elvis picks
wildflowers near the river and brings
them to Emily. She explains half-rhymes to him.
In heaven Emily wears her hair long, sports
Levis and western blouses with rhinestones.
Elvis is lean again, wears baggy trousers
and T-shirts, a letterman’s jacket from Tupelo High.
They take long walks and often hold hands.
She prefers they remain just friends. Forever.
Emily’s poems now contain naugahyde, Cadillacs,
Electricity, jets, TV, Little Richard and Richard
Nixon. The rock-a-billy rhythm makes her smile.
Elvis likes himself with style. This afternoon
he will play guitar and sing “I Taste a Liquor
Never Brewed” to the tune of “Love Me Tender.”
Emily will clap and harmonize. Alone
in their cabins later, they’ll listen to the river
and nap. They will not think of Amherst
or Las Vegas. They know why God made them
roommates. It’s because America
was their hometown. It’s because
God is a thing
without feathers. It’s because
God wears blue suede shoes.
With All Due Respect
Emily Dickinson fell in love with women
And Elvis got his licks from Black folk.
Respectfully, if there is a God
(and only one God)
The fuck would It need shoes for?
If there is a Heaven, undoubtedly Emily is one of its queens
With Kate, or maybe Sue.
She is not sexless; she has desires
And now there is more than poetry she can do with them.
When she does receive company
She probably hangs out with Gertrude Stein
Sits out on the porch with Alice B. Toklas
And Sylvia Rivera.
In any idea of Heaven I care for
The music is played by anyone who loves it
But crowds flock to the people who made it
Not to the people who marketed it best
The acceptable white face (if not hips) of blues.
By the end I imagine Elvis probably just wanted to be left alone for a while anyway.
Someday he will emerge, and maybe he won’t be thin and young
Maybe he’ll still be fat and wearing that godawful jumpsuit
Because he liked jumpsuits
And nobody will care.
Because if a God is running around like some kind of heavenly bookings agent
Finding people cabins and shit to live in
If It exists
I prefer Heaven not be exclusively populated
By de-sexed bisexuals, white bluesmen,
And a God who has to wear shoes to get around.
And maybe someday their hometown will be as safe
For fat dudes in rhinestones,
Maybe even people who don’t believe in God
But not without a little more breadth of imagination
When it comes to picturing Heaven.